Sunday, May 27, 2012

What's in my work bag?

I've been taking my sweet penguin time with blog posts lately. I've jotted down a small list of posts that I would like to complete soon but alas, time constraints and work exhaustion means I'm a sullen owl by the end of the day.

However, I did think it would be fun to do a "What's in my work bag?" post today since it is different from what I would usually carry on a weekend. Please rest assured, I am not nearly this prepared in my real life :p


The bag I'm currently carrying is a white leather one from Danier's. It is my favorite one, I adore it to pieces, I try to prevent it from dirt and all other ailments. I take good care of it and condition it with leather cleansers every month. Shhhhhh! 

The downside is that while the bag is extremely sturdy, it also gets pulled out of shape easily. This really isn't the kind of bag where you can just throw things in there, zip it up and run out the door. I have played many a games of organizational Tetris with it. On the bright side, it has really forced me to stream line my necessities ("No, Angela. You do not need a lint remover and three rollerball fragrances") and bring only what I use.


Front Compartment:

| Club Monaco sunglasses | 
They're one of the few ones that do not push down on the top of my cheeks. I will use them until old age has depleted my apple cheeks. Added bonus: People bother you less in downtown Toronto when you wear sunglasses. 

| Pass card for work |  
I live in fear of forgetting this at home. Not because people would brandish whips at me but because it would be frustrating getting onto other floors.

| Renu eye drops | 
I have eyes like the sahara desert. A drop every few hours saves me from horror movie eyes.

| A little blue note book | 
God, does that really say Princess Dreams on the cover? I need a new one.



Middle Compartment:

| Battered Tommy Hilfiger wallet | 
I am so sorry that I have abused you so. Don't worry, you will be replaced in a few months and shall find a better home in the peace of my drawer.

| Presto card |
Taken out so I can swipe on-the-GO. Ha! Was that a terribly Canadian joke?

 

Main Compartment

 | Ipod mini | 
Filled with terrible pop music to perk up early mornings.

| Ipad 2 | 
For my 30 minute train ride downtown. I can do one Mad Men episode a day and two episodes of Will and Grace. Win!  

 | Two Staedtler pens in blue and black |
It's always good to carry pens around just in case you need to write something down. My bag has pen compartments so I don't have to worry about them exploding.


Main Compartment continued

| Nature Valley Crunchy Bar |
I bought a giant pack of these from Asian Mecca (Costco). They're delicious, healthy and great for an afternoon snack. My favorite has to be Toasted Almond but I've devoured all of those so I had to move on to Honey and Oats. Please don't disappoint! 

| "Vintage Mickey Mouse" thermos |
My precious mother (because she's so cute I can't handle it) bought this for me on a business trip. It's spill proof and has a separate compartment for tea leaves. 

| McMaster Umbrella |
My one morsel of school pride. I work down the street from the University of Toronto so I get strange looks when it's raining :p


Back Compartment 

| House keys |
 My house keys surrounded by about 4 key chains. I'm due for another one this year! 
If you remember my post from last year, I buy one each year for good luck.


Portable Makeup Bag

This technically goes in my main compartment but I couldn't fit everything in one shot so I gave it its own section :p. If anyone is curious, my makeup bag is by Disaster Designs. It also doubles as my "emergency" bag: it has has antibacterial ointments, Vitamin E pills (in case I forget it take mine in the morning), salve and - feminine - things.

As for make up, I have one Benefit concealer (reasonable) and five lip products (unreasonable):

| Mac Petting Pink Lip Conditioner |
| Lioeli Blooming Pop lip stain in Cherry |
| Mac cremesheen in Deeligh |
  | Nyx Soft Matte lip cream in Antwerp |
| Nars lipstick in Love Devotion |

Basically, if you ever need lipstick, I got your back covered.

On an explanatory note, I'm actually doing it as part of my plan to use up more of my beauty products. I switch different products in every week so I can use up more of my things. This stash was this week's roster. ^_^ 

So that's it! I'm going to go work on my bi-weekly Instagram post because if I don't do it tonight, it shall never be done! I'll probably publish it for tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment