Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Weekly Favorites #1

I've determined that my Sunday Surveys are basically a summary of things that I liked for the week. So I've decided to simplify it and condense everything into a little collage.

Thus, ze Weekly Favorites series! :)


1) Waiter Rant by Steve Dublanica

I've read this many times before but I always revisit it because it never fails to cheer me up. It's a quick read about what it's like to work as a professional waiter. If you like a novel with quick wit and snarky one liners, I would suggest picking it up. It's hilarious.

2) Stiff by Mary Roach

I've read this very slowly because I can't spend hours reading about cadavers without feeling ~ meh ~ at the end of the day. However, the novel is informative and extremely interesting. It talks a lot about the preparation of cadavers in addition to the history of body snatching, how they're treated by medical students, where your organs go if you donate them, etc. Some of the description can be a bit graphic. I loved the book but I also get it's not for everyone :)

3) Tetley's Cleanse Tea in Lemon Balm and Honey

I love this! It's a very soothing flavor that I drink before bed time. My brain has been conditioned to feel sleepy every time I brew this. The smell is amazing but then again, I'm a sucker for anything that smells like honey.

4) Coffee Candy

One of my housemates gave me a couple of these because she knows I like nomming on candy. Oh. my. god. They're insanely good. I almost never drink coffee (I just don't like it) but this candy is excellent. There is a small mountain of shiny brown wrappers growing on my desk.

5) Liz Earle Cleanse and Polish

This used to be my eye make-up remover but I've been using it on the rest of my face for a good few weeks now. I really like this cleanser. It's got a very strong eucalyptus scent and the texture is thick and buttery. I believe it's clay based so I've read reviews that it broke some people out at first. Personally, I think it's very gentle gentle cleanser. I wouldn't use it in the mornings but I find it highly enjoyable to wash my face at night.

That sounds weird :p

6) Clarisonic

Yes, I have a clarisonic. Please don't judge me. I procured it about 2 years ago in my fit of shopping insanity. However, this is a very good system. I actually gave up on it for a few months because the brush hurt my face. This was extremely pricey so as a last attempt to love it again, I went to Sephora to buy a different brush head. Turns out, this made a huge difference. The Sensitive brush head is a far better fit for my skin type. The Delicate brush head is technically softer but for some odd reason, it was just too abrasive. If anyone is thinking of investing in one of these, make sure you get the right brush head :)

7) Tarte Amazonian Clay powder

I have combo skin, dry on cheeks but oily on my T-zone. I never use powders because they give me a strange white cast over my face. Also, I can never figure out how much is the right amount. This is almost fool proof. It just disappears into your skin and gives you a nice smooth finish. I still look slightly shiny if I'm running around all day but it's so subtle that it just looks like a nice glow. Highly recommend if anyone is in the market for a Sephora-priced product.

8) Korres Pomegranate Lip Butter

This is just about my favorite lip product ever. The color is beautiful, it moisturizes your lips and it smells really nice. It looks extremely bright in the container but once you smooth it on your lips, it's a very natural flush of pink.

9) Pretty Little Liars

Guilty pleasure show that contains no substance. However, it's entertaining to boot and I'm completely addicted.

10) Friends

Classic. I watch it all the time on repeat

No comments:

Post a Comment