Monday, January 2, 2012

What did you get for Christmas?

If you're after the personification of "difficult to shop for", you'll probably see a vague image of me trying to escape the camera. As a result, I usually receive requested gifts within a certain budget, gift cards or "Here's some money, go buy yourself something pretty"

For the past few years, I've spent my Christmas break buying my own presents. This sounds a tad bit sad but to be honest, I don't like wasting people's money on something I'll never use. It's the most logical route, despite the lack of surprise during Christmas season.

The following is a little round up of all the things I've ~ gotten ~ during Christmas. I still have a Sephora gift card and a few other things I have my eye on (*cough* Zara *cough*) so I suppose I'll make it a 2 parter.

I do wish I could keep my dad's camera though as I am back to crappy Iphone quality.


imagebam.com imagebam.com imagebam.com imagebam.com

1) Lavender Soap Bar

This is a box of small Lavender French soaps. Smells absolutely amazing, comes in a lovely box and has some beautiful embossed engravings. Far too pretty to use but I can stare at it periodically.

2) Benefit Beauty Bag

I've been eying this for a while but didn't want to buy it. I have amassed Christmas moneyz so I bought it a few days. It's a good sized make-up bag that has the Benefit retro feel. It also comes with this pretty little mirror charm that's an actual mirror on the other side. Granted, it's far too small to be of any reflective use but I appreciate the Cute.

imagebam.com imagebam.com imagebam.com imagebam.com

3) H&M Sweater in Blue and Beige

I got this blue sweater from H&M in both navy blue and beige. I didn't show the beige because the color comes off horribly on the iPhone. This sweater isn't meant to be worn with all the buttons done up. I think you're supposed to wear a tank underwear and just fling this on top with the top button done. I bought both in a small and they were quite loose on me when I attempted to wear it as a sweater. It looks fine when there's only one button done so there we go!

4) Zara bright red wool hat

My search for the red hat has finally concluded! I found this at Zara on Queen street for $15, down from $30. It's quite warm and god knows I love the red pom pom.

5) Vieta bag

Found this at Winner's! $75 originally, bought it for $25. I really like it. It's very roomy and has a lot of pockets so you can keep knick knacks organized. It's also extremely sturdy (I should know, I've been abusing it lately) and I love the chocolatey color scheme.


imagebam.com imagebam.com imagebam.com

6) Mini Sephora / Mac haul

Nothing too surprising here. I got a Mac Creme Sheen in Double Dare (talked about it in my favorite products post), a set of Harajuku girls Tweezerman Tweezers and Stila's eye shadow in their famous Kitten shade (very. very. sparkly)

7) Lush Dream Cream and It's Raining Men

Once again, nothing too surprising. My second bottle of Dream Cream and It's Raining Men shower gel. Both smell amazing and are extremely moisturizing. The only downside is that I always want caramels after.

8) Clean body lotion in Shower Fresh

Quick backstory, I am obsessed with Clean's Shower Fresh fragrance. Found these at the Winners (also on Queen street) for $6 each, down from $27.
Win, bought two.

imagebam.com imagebam.com

9) Mini Shopper's Sale Haul

Nothing too glamorous here. These three of my skin care / makeup staples. Cetaphil Gentle skin cleanser was on sale for only $8, the Neostrata Daytime Smoothing Lotion Level 1 was 30% off (IN YOUR FACE, FORTINOS. Your $40 WAS RIDICULOUS) and the Almay was only $10 (down from the usual $15 - $18).

10) L'Occitane Hand cream

I think this is considered quite ~ legendary ~ in cosmetic terms. Incredibly moisturizing, well packaged, great size for a handbag. The only downside is that I hate the smell. However, I'll bite the bullet for a hand cream that absorbs fast and doesn't leave a sticky residue.


No comments:

Post a Comment