Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Health goals and my attempts to defeat mortality



Vitamins shown: Vitamin C, Vitamin E, Woman's One a Day, Zinc, Omega 3-6-9, Garlic

I've been on a health kick lately. I've never really had an unhealthy diet (except my first year, when I ate all my feelings) but I run into the issue of not eating enough. I tend to blank on eating properly because my stomach very rarely informs me that it is in need of food.

It's only until I put an effort to think about it, that I realize that my last meal was a piece of toast 10 hours ago and that the gum in my mouth has been melting for the past 5.

The effect is comparative to my brain misinforming me about my physical need to be present during lectures. As many of my classmates are aware, I am a scarce pokemon in class.

In my attempt to upgrade my physical health (or to at least eat enough for my height/weight), I've started cooking my meals and taking vitamins everyday. Perhaps it's the placebo effect but after a few weeks, I've been feeling a lot more chipper and a lot less tired.

My goals for this year is to:

1) Continue my healthy eating
- More specifically, eat salmon at least twice a week like I do at home. My mother has promised to give me the supply if I promise to cook it at school.

2) Be consistent with my vitamins
- They give me more energy but unfortunately, it feels like I'm swallowing horse tranquilizers

3) Run at least once a week at the gym
- Since I will no longer have the luxury of a ravine and a treadmill come September, I must not let my Lazy consume me. I must be diligent with cardio. I must keep my heart healthy. I must conquer death or at the very least, premature illnesses that may make me fat and ugly before my time.

4) Go to all my classes

FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, I MUST START GOING TO CLASS

5) Be less neurotic

- Will make more frequent standing appointments with my counselor
- Will attempt to be less batshit this year.

6) Be nicer and more reasonable to The Boy

- Always a priority because I can be a raging psychopath sometimes.

No comments:

Post a Comment