Thursday, August 18, 2011

3 Things I've been liking recently

Ah yes. It's time for a List Post.

Also known as "Posts Angela does when she has done nothing but watch The Mentalist all day and inhale watermelon for lunch. God damn it, she misses her internship (or in particular, the Winners across the street) and wants to be busy again"

1) Pita Break One Bun Hamburger Bread


Yes, that is a picture of the Hot Dog version. I found the Hamburger packaging online but it looked a bit uncouth from afar (the pickles stick out in an unsightly manner) and this appeared to be more refined.

Anyway. I've been toasting these in olive oil for breakfast and letting it sit in the pan for a good 5 minutes on medium heat. The real magic is when you slide a sunny-side up egg in there and let the yolk disperse over the surface.

They're whole wheat and only 90 calories so if you're super health conscious (I'm getting up there), you can imagine that they're going to prolong your life. One day, you can tell your grand grand grand children that you've trumped mortality by eating mini whole-wheat hamburger buns.

I enjoy my time with these because as soon as September hits, I know I'm going to be too lazy to boil water.

2) Sunrise Original Tofu Desert



I found these at T&T (Asian supa-maaaket haven) the other day while looking for a can of quail eggs.

It caught my eye for two reasons:

1) It's the exact shade of Pink that I like (I hate Mattel Pink)
2) There were blueberries on the packaging (I love fruit more than life itself)

So I threw it in the cart and decided that nothing can go bad when the packaging displays two of your favorite things. Besides, you know you're super asian when you eat sweetened Tofu for dessert.

These have an interesting consistency and a nice velvety texture. I like that the syrup is super light and doesn't make you feel like your tongue will be sutured to the roof of your mouth.

3) Dior Lip balm

Well, being Angela I need to throw some kind cosmetic item in there (I am forever buying things from different brands that make me look the exact same). I saw this a while ago but always wrote it off as gimmicky. It's a clear lip balm that reacts to the natural chemistry of your lips so it's a different color on everyone.

Righhhtttt.

I'm always on a rampant search for a color that darkens my lips just slightly so I dabbed a bit of this on and it turned into this "your lips but better" color (to quote all the Allures I have read in high school) that looked really pretty against pale skin.

Win!

But lose because Dior charges an absurd amount for their make-up.


No comments:

Post a Comment