Wednesday, December 14, 2011

December Luxe Box!

My December Luxe box came! For anyone who doesn't know what the Luxe box is, it's a beauty subscription box where you pay $10/month (including shipping) for a deluxe samples. That way you can try out new products without spending an arm and a leg.

I opted out for November but I signed back on for December because I missed getting self-paid presents in the mail. For the October reviews, please click here. :)

imagebam.com imagebam.com

So the holiday package branding was adorable! Every month they give you a little card that tells you what you're getting and describes the products for you. This month was a snowflake motif. Very fitting for the season!

So this month, we got:

1) A full bottle of China Glaze X-mas nail polish
2) Lise Watier lip plumping gloss in Plumpissino
3) Keratase Elixir Ultime sample
4) Prada Milano Infusion D'Iris Fragrance sample
5) Prada Candy Fragrance sample

imagebam.com imagebam.com imagebam.com

imagebam.com imagebam.com imagebam.com imagebam.com

Pros:

1) I love love the Prada perfume samples. They're pretty pricey so these two samples (enough for probably a week or two depending on how often you spritz) made me really happy. Prada Candy is a very sweet scent and despite the tacky bottle (the real one, not the sample), the smell makes me feel cozy and relaxed.

2) Prada Milano Infusion D'Iris Fragrance is a cleaner, older fragrance. I get that Prada Candy is aimed towards late teens and early 20's while this one smells more mature. I've actually always liked the this version (it comes in one or two other variations, I think) but my personal preference is more towards the fruitier scents. I feel like my mom would really like this one.

3) The Keratase Elixir is awesome! It's a blend of oils that you pump out and smooth into your hair. I brushed it into damp hair yesterday and my hair is all kinds of awesome today! I might get this one full sized.

Cons:

1) This con is kind of a pro BUT I was pretty impressed that they gave us a full size bottle of a China Glaze polish. I'm not big on nails at all but I think China Glaze is known to be one of the pricier brands. Unfortunately, I do not like nail polish. I like watching people wear it but I do not like putting it on myself so I have no use for it. It is definitely a pretty color. From far away, it's a purply shade but when you look closer, there are silver sparkles in there.

I tested it out before wiping it off quickly and god damn, that is one sparkly polish!

2) I. do. not. like. Lise. Watier. I've never liked any of their products and this is no different. This is a plumping gloss, so it tingles when you put it on. The color is a nudish toffee shade that is very unflattering, in my opinion. I'm a little confused why Lise Watier samples tend to be unflattering shades. A pinkish color would have been more universal?

However, this could be more of a personal opinion. I'm on the paler side so any nudes I wear need to be pink and I just can't pull off brownish nudes. So perhaps that is why I was so *facepalm* towards this product.

-----

As per usual, if you would like any of my "Con" products, please message me!

1 comment:

  1. As much as I like the idea of a purple nail polish... I can't bring myself to wear dark colours. I just recently (2-3 ears ago) convinced myself to start wearing polish and the wackiest shade I have managed is a dusty-tropical-pink. Mostly I do a metallic-shimmer very light pink from OPI.

    Also brownish nudes are pretty horrible on most skin I think--they make me look bizarrely sallow, like I have liver failure or something.

    -meinarse

    ReplyDelete