Thursday, October 20, 2011

Online shopping: Luxe Box / Glymm Box Packages

I'm secretly procrastinating from studying. Can you tell?

Remember my online shopping post from September where I talked about my Luxe Box and Glymm box subscriptions? Well, I got my October subscription boxes on Monday so I took some pictures to show what I got from each package :)

I have to say, it was very nice getting presents in the mail, even if you did pay for it yourself. I'm undergoing Hell Week 1.0 (2.0 is in approximately 2.5 weeks) and unraveling these boxes gave me a nice endorphin shot.


Luxe Box October 2011: $11/month

Moroccan Oil
Calvin Klein Euphoria perfume sample
Calvin Klein Euphoria body cream
Olay ProX eye cream
Pur Minerals Primer
Lise Watier Flash Lift cream.

imagebam.com imagebam.com imagebam.com imagebam.com


Pros: Over all, I loved the Luxebox. The packaging was beautiful, they had everything wrapped beautifully and they placed black stickers printed with your name on the tissue paper. I think the general quality of what I received from the Luxe Box was higher than what I received in the Glymm box. It also has a higher ratio of things I use. I actually have the full sized version of Moroccan Oil so I love that I have a smaller bottle to take with me when I go home. I've never used a primer in my life so I'm not sure when I'll use the Pur Minerale primer. However, I do want to trial it out on my nose since I get shiny there sometimes.

I'm also using the eye cream (which is really good!) and will be trying out the Lise Watier flash cream tomorrow!

Cons: I've always loathed Calvin Klein's Euphoria. I'm not into heavy, woodsy scents that exude ~ sensuality ~. If anyone wants this, please let me know.

Overall: Love this whole package. Excellent brands, large samples (the Morroccan oil isn't even a sample. It's the smaller version that is retails for around $17 in hair salons) and I'll be continuing my subscription indefinitely! ^_^ I know I didn't like the CK sample but their brand affiliation is promising.


Glymm Box October 2011: $10/month

Lise Watier moisturizing lip stick in Rouge Flamingo
Principessa Lipbalm
Vasanti eye shadow
Caudalie Premiere Moisturizer
Glymm box trick or treat jelly beans (-_-)


imagebam.com imagebam.com imagebam.com imagebam.com

Pros: The Caudalie sample was nice, since a full bottle retails for $150. I've been getting dry patches lately and it's quite good for targeting those areas. However, it really is no better than my Neostrata smoothing cream. I've been using it because it's handy and while I am happy that I get to sample an overpriced moisturizer made from grapes from France (I'm being mean here, I've just never tried anything Caudalie), it really doesn't make a huge difference.

Ah, now I sound like a downer and this is a Pro section.

What I mean is that getting a sample from Caudalie is impressive but I feel like they could have saved that money and gave their users better things. However, most of their things were actually full sized! That was nice to see.

Cons: Full sized or not, the quality of what I received was far lower than what Luxe Box provided and has less of things that I actually use (although it isn't their fault). The Principessa lip balm smelled and tasted horrible and the Lise Watier lip stick was the weird glittery product that I'm sure proved to be unpopular amongst consumers. Overall, I got the general feeling that even though they provided full size packages, they were stuff leftover because nobody wanted them.

Also, The glymm box treats were cute and everything but really? -_- (face of disapproval, fyi)

Overall: There have been some past Glymm Boxes on youtube that had excellent products. Perhaps they're having an off month. I think I'll keep my subscription for next month just to see if they improve. If they don't, I'll unsubscribe for December. :)

Requests

If any of my friends/classmates (same thing in my small faculty, really) would like of the following items, please let me know :)

These are:

Calvin Klein Euphoria perfume sample
Calvin Klein Euphoria body cream
Lise Watier moisturizing lip stick in Rouge Flamingo
Vasanti Eyeshadow in Tokyo (pinky brown with gold sparkles)

I've swatched the lip stick and the eye shadow once but that's about it. I promise I won't be passing on any contagion like diseases.

No comments:

Post a Comment