Thursday, October 27, 2011

Impromptu Toronto shopping trip

So I got bored on Sunday and decided to go on a quick shopping trip in downtown Toronto. Minus the horrendous traffic (I will never stop harping on this because cars should be flying by now) on the way back, it was terrifically fun and the weather didn't attempt to drown me.

I spent two hours running around the Eaton's center consulting a carefully written shopping list and praying that I wouldn't buy something completely over my budget. If you do read my blog, I did mention some of these things on my weekend surveys (here and here) so I'm quite happy to acquire them!

Sephora
1. Tokidoki Siberia Blush Brush

imagebam.com imagebam.com imagebam.com imagebam.com

I've wanted this for a while now because the reviews have been so good (it's also adorable to boot, not sure if you've noticed :p) and I've been looking for an angled blush brush for ages. I was using a Mac #168 for powder blushes but to be honest, Mac brush hairs often irritate my skin so I don't use them as much anymore.

This was sold out at every Sephora I went to and they stock it so infrequently that I was ecstatic when I saw it on the shelf. I did keep it to myself because jumping up and down with Anime tears cavorting down my cheeks didn't seem quite feasible.

I also love the fact that the edge of the brush is tinted pink, it really satisfies my girl senses! ^_^


2. Bobbi Brown Pot Rouge in Powder Pink

imagebam.com imagebam.com imagebam.com

I saw this in Lisa Eldridge's "No make-up make-up" tutorial a while back and thought it was the prettiest, natural cheek color. It reminds me of my Mac Blushcreme in Ladyblush but the texture is softer and more blendable. The finish is a bit more matte while Ladyblush veers on the "glowier" side. I think I'll test it out in school lighting next week.

Oh excitement abound.

Also, I love the packaging. Elegant but durable!


Lush
3. Full of Grace Serum

imagebam.com imagebam.com imagebam.com

Lush always has some interesting products (I still think their toothy tabs are a bit of a miss). Their serum Full of Grace is actually in "soap" form. To use it, you just have to pour a few drops of hot water over the surface and swipe it over your fingers. I did have one of these last year but it melted over time because I didn't keep it in a container.

I learned from my mistake so I bought a Lush can (it was $2.50) for the serum. I haven't used it yet but I did remember that it was very soothing and extremely moisturizing. I'm really preparing myself for the winter months ahead!


The Bay
4. Origins Mega Mushroom Kit

imagebam.com imagebam.com imagebam.com imagebam.com

This was quite expensive but I got an amazing deal on it so I've been left alone by the Budget Fairy for the time being. I originally used the Mega Mushroom face mask but I ran out on Saturday so I went to The Bay to get the full sized tube. However, they had this fantastic deal on the entire kit (which I've always wanted to try but was always too poor to) which included a good sized tube of the face mask.

So the kit includes: The Mega Mushroom advanced face serum, the Mega Mushroom soothing face cream, the Mega Mushroom face mask and the Mega Mushroom face cleanser.

So far I'm really liking it (minus the serum) but I like to do a full month or two before I fully admit to liking a skincare product so I'll definitely do a review if I'm still using it in a month! :)

I also went to Aerie (my future grown-up room shall look like Aerie) but I'm sure no one needs to see the contents of my underwear selection. :p

No comments:

Post a Comment