Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Online shopping Package #1: Kate Somerville

One of my all-time favorite products is Mario Badescu's Drying Lotion. I've used it for years and years and I'm a loyal addict. I use this product like the dermalogical equivalent of Buckley's. It comes in a little glass bottle and has salicylic acid floating on the top and calamine lotion at the very bottom.

I don't generally get very many blemishes (oh god, knock on wood) but I do sprout some blotchy patches or small bumps when I'm stressed out. Badescu's drying lotion is great for clearing redness but I always find that it can be too drying. I read some reviews online and Kate Somerville's EradiKate (the name is adorbs) was said to yield better results without drying out your skin.

It arrived last week and I've attached a picture below. I took a few shots with my iphone but the quality was terrible so I pulled this one up online.

imagebam.com

My consensus is that I like this a lot, which is a shame because it was very very expensive and came with a Cost of Delivery that was almost as much as the product. Next time I purchase this, it'll have to be off Amazon or a location that is much more local.

It does work very similarly to Badescu's Drying Lotion but I feel like it just works much faster. I was quite exhausted by the end of yesterday and had a few dry pink patches. I slathered this across the right side of my face and it was completely clear and smooth by this morning.

The downside is that I don't know if this would work on actual pimples. If you have sensitive skin and suffer from pink splotches or uneven skin tone, I would highly recommend trying it! If anything horrific does happen, I will definitely update :)

No comments:

Post a Comment