Monday, October 10, 2011

Thanksgiving Collage

imagebam.com imagebam.com imagebam.com imagebam.com imagebam.com imagebam.com imagebam.com imagebam.com imagebam.com imagebam.com imagebam.com imagebam.com imagebam.com imagebam.com imagebam.com imagebam.com

- Birthday Dinner at August 8 with The Boy was super fun. I Asian-ed it up and went straight for the salmon sashimi. Sometimes I wish I could have a magically expandable stomach like the unzippable kind you see on those travel carry-on bags.

God, that would be fabulous. I would put Mandarin out of business.

- I've been to two Apple stores since Steve Jobs died (once to get my birthday present, the other to get my Mac fixed) and it's incredibly touching to read all the little post-its and letters that people tacked behind. The apples were a cute but perishable touch.

My downright favorite has to be: Without Steve Jobs, Apple is just a fruit.

- For my birthday, my parents bought traditional packs of freshly pressed "long life" noodles. You're supposed to eat them "whole" to keep your "life" long.
It's a fun little tradition and my wonderful mom makes these amazing Om Nom Nom-worthy pork chops.

- This Saturday, I went hiking with my parents and a few of our family friends in Brampton. I feel like I would have had more fun if the autumns leaves were kicking in. It was a tad bit disappointing, especially since the waterfall we hiked to see looked like water protruding out of cement. We spent at least 30 minutes walking in a field with no shade (mind you, the entire hike was 2 hours) and I thought I was going to be baked to death.

Yes yes, I know. Bitter much? :p

- The sole bright side to Saturday's hiking trip was the McDonalds meal after. I generally dislike fast food but Mcdonald's is amazingly satisfying as you've convinced yourself that you would have to set up tent in Brampton since you can't possibly walk all the way back to the car without passing out.

I had some amazingly epic sweat stains. Never ever wear navy blue when you're out hiking.

No comments:

Post a Comment