Friday, October 14, 2011

How do you organize your countertop space?

So I'm down with pink eye like a 7 year old that likes to rub their eyes with sticky fingers. During this plight, I spent a little time re-organizing my bathroom countertop and thought it would be fun to Instagram it up and make a brief post about how I'm maintaining my knick knacks.

imagebam.com

I share a bathroom with two other girls (all extremely neat) who keep their own products in the drawers below the counter. I prefer to have my things out in the open so they offered to give me the countertop space. Most of the time, I'm pathological about my things but I've been tired and scatter brained lately so its been getting progressively messier. However, I took around 10 minutes today to clean some things up and refresh some supplies.

imagebam.com imagebam.com

In the first compartment, I keep my Mario Badescu Buffering Lotion (I use it on my nose and forehead because I can get shiny there if I don't), Kate Somerville's Eradikate, Lancome's micro-lift eye cream (don't judge me) and my eye drops. Since I use Bioderma, which is a water-based cleanser before my Cetaphil every day, I need cotton pads constantly. To save space, I've split the middle secton section between my Qtips and my cotton pads. I keep my night time moisturizer (Etival Clarifying Moisturizer, very basic and smells great) in the last compartment because it fits in there like a glove.

imagebam.com imagebam.com

On the side is where I keep things that don't fit into the organizer. So I have my Cetaphil (the jumbo size from Costco, recognize), my daytime moisturizer (Neostrata Smoothing lotion Level 1 with SPF 15), my Etival toner and my Bioderma. I keep my contact lenses in a (oh lord, do I have to type this out?) baby piglet infant bottle holder. I got it off an Asian website in an odd shopping craze where I felt like I really needed to have it or I would die.

I'm not ashamed to admit that I love it ^_^ (asian fob smile to confirm). It's super compact and comes with padded tweezers to pick up the contacts with. Since I'm down with pink eye, I should look into using that thing.

Also, please note: They spelled "Love" wrong. That's how you know something is authentically Asian. :p

No comments:

Post a Comment