Saturday, October 29, 2011

The one where Angela thinks someone is out to kill her

So I'm home for the weekend, which makes me terrifically happy. My appreciation for Real Food and Minimally Polluted Air grows exponentially with every visit. I've also latched myself to every Starbucks in the vicinity like some kind of a foul fungi.

Anyway, I decided to go to Erin Mills Town Center this morning to look around for a few things (sweaters, scarfs, etc. Any barrier from Canadian winter is appreciated) before meeting my lovely friend Nida at Indigo's.

8 hours, a bag of veggie chips, a cup of Strawberry gelato and a jumbo box of discounted end-of day sushi later, I came back home to a front door that was half opened.

Hmmm, okay.

I presumed my dad had came home early from Ping Pong practice (yes, I said what I said) and left the door open for me. So I step into the house and starting calling for my dad. When there was no response inside the house, I check the garden, the tool shed and the garage. All I found was the neighborhood cat, an empty garage, a rock that I gracefully tripped over and a rabbit speeding across the lawn.

Now Mean World syndrome has taught me that in this type of situation, there might possibly be someone hiding in your home with pointy objects, lots of rope and a plot to kidnap you for ransom. What you must do is call a Superhero Protagonist and await rescue while several minorities meet their doom within the first 10 pages of the script.

I don't have a Super hero protagonist so I called The Boy, who is basically the next best thing :p. After I am calmed and reassured that I am not going to be killed anytime soon, I hang up and call my dad repeatedly to see if he's around the neighborhood.

The conversation goes:

Me: Hey dad. Where are you?
Dad: I am at ping pong practice. I have a tournament next week. My swing is getting much better!
Me -_- : So you didn't come home?
Dad: No. Why?
Me: Because the door is open
Dad: Really? I locked it
Me O_O (omgsdlkfjasklfjlsdfjklKEYSMASH!!!!!ONEONEONE): Are you sure?
Dad: Yes, of course. I locked it.
Me: Oh. Well, that's freaky because the door is open
Dad: Hmmm......okay, go in and check if anything is missing

(The delusion that I am a highly beloved only child has now been shattered)

Me: What if someone kidnaps me?
Dad: That's okay. I guess I'll have to pay the ransom then
Me: Thanks, Dad.
Dad: No problem!

So I call the Boy back, step into the house, grab a heavy object (an umbrella for good whacking) and proceed to inspect the closets, the area behind all the doors and any plausible hiding place that can hide an average-sized human being.

5 minutes after my detailed search, my dad calls me back:

"Oh wait. I forget. I was in hurry so I don't think I locked the door properly. Hahahaha, never mind"

-_-

Terrific. Now I'm barricaded in my room doing my Public Relations assignment.

No comments:

Post a Comment