Friday, September 16, 2011

Online shopping mini bonanza

So I got my credit card today. Quick back story, I used to have a credit card with a ridiculous limit but my bouts of insane shopping (holy trifecta of Zara/H&M/Sephora) forced my dad to cancel it.

However, after reviewing my bank account, my parents and TD bank have decided that I am much better with money now and can reapply for a new credit card with a $500 limit.

I got it today so of course I hit a pre-made list of things I wanted online but couldn't order. I went through it today and decided on which ones to get.

1. Glymm box - $11/month subscription
Loose box - $12/month subscription

Have you guys heard of Birchbox? For $10 a month, you get deluxe samples of high-end products to try out and from what I've been seeing on youtube, these samples are the travel sizes that Sephora carries. However, they do not ship to Canada (WHY CAN'T WE EVER HAVE NICE THINGS) but I found two replicas (see above!) with very good reviews.

I know I should have chosen just one of them but I went through the brands affiliated with these sites and I think Glymm box has better cosmetic connections while Loose Box carries more skin products. My two favorite things combined! Ah, it's like an ultra sweet venn diagram.

Since I'm a hoarder of things I barely use, I think this is a more economical way for me to discover more things that I like before I invest in a full sized version :)

Once I get my delivery, I'll do pictures and reviews of the things that were sent to me. There are a lot of youtube video dedicated to Birchboxes posts but their Canadian replicants are less popular so this could be a fun little project in the long run. I'm also on a monthly subscription so I can cancel at any time if the first month doesn't go well!

2. Real technique brushes

I usually use Mac brushes (if I use brushes at all) but lately, they've been shedding all over my face and irritating my skin (I haven't touched them in ages) so I've been looking for a new set of brushes to try.

Stila is lovely and I have three of their brushes but quite frankly, collecting their entire set would kill my bank account (one brush retails for an upwards of $50). I've heard very good things about Real Techniques Brushes so I went on a british site and ordered these today.

imagebam.com imagebam.com imagebam.com

From left to right ( Blush brush, stippling brush, angled foundation brush)

If you know me well, you would know that I'm obsessed with blush (what's not to love?) so of course I had to order the tapered brush for powders and the stippling brush for creams. The stippling brush can also help out with any light foundation / tinted moisturizer I feel like wearing and the foundation brush quenched my eternal search for an angled brush.

I'm excited for my online arrivals. It's like giving yourself a present!

No comments:

Post a Comment