Sunday, November 6, 2011

Sunday Survey - November 6th, 2011

01 Mood: Terrible. I've had a fever since Monday night and it doesn't seem to be going away. It's not awful enough that I'm delirious with night sweats but it's bad enough to keep me involuntarily bed bound. Here are some Asian emo tears: T_T

Last movie you watched: I watched Real Steel (again) with the boy. I saw it with my friend Hadi last week but it was entertaining enough for me to voluntarily see it again. Plus, we saw it in the Scotiabank theater downtown so I got to see Shiny Robot Glory on a bigger screen. I spent most of the movie noticing things that you only pick up on after a second watching, like how Dakota Goyo never smiled with his teeth and how ridiculously clingy Hugh Jackman's track pants were.

Yep. Such is my mind.

03 What I’m watching: The Mentalist. I've fallen behind the 4th season, so in between cat naps and bouts of "Oh woe is my life, why am I plagued by this illness?", I've been sneaking in a few episodes here and there. The episodes are still quite formulaic and can be boring at times, but Patrick Jane's snark makes up for it.

imagebam.com imagebam.com

04 Best thing about this weekend: The Boy and I went to Toronto on Sunday. We ate the planet (Breakfast at Williams, Lunch at kenzo ramen, dinner at Earl's), watched a movie and shopped around Eaton's center.

Okay, correction: I shopped around Eaton's center. He watched and judged.

05 What makeup are you wearing today:

Face: Benefit's Boi-ing concealer where I need it
Eyes: Stila's Kitten cream shadow on lid and inner corners, Lorac's Serenity in the outer creases, Physician's Formula liquid eye liner in Brown and Fairydrops mascara
Cheeks: Mac Blushcreme in ladyblush
Lips: Korres lip butter in Pomegranate

No idea why I wore makeup today but I did a good job of making myself look well rested and vibrant. The latter option was to walk around in unbrushed hair, a pallid complexion and angry, Zombie eyes.

06 What skincare am I using today:

Morning: Cetaphil gentle skin cleanser, Neostrata Daytime Smoothing lotion with sPF 15.

Night:
Makeup Remover: Origins Mega Mushroom cleanser, Bioderma Crealine on chin
Cleanser: Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser
Toner: Origins Mega Mushroom Toner on T-zone only
Moisturizer: Origins Mega Mushroom Moisturizer. Neostrata Daytime smoothing lotion on chin
Exfoliator: Clarisonic to the rescue!
Lip balm: Eucerin's Aquaphor.

07 What am I wearing today:

Black gap jeans and the same H&M canary yellow shirt I've worn for the past 3 days. When I'm sick, it's like the rest of my closet does not exist. I will perpetually wear the same thing until I am well again. I reserve pretty clothes for days where I do not feel the urge to vomit when I walk.

08 What am I reading: The Help by Kathryn Stockett. I'm still working on it. I haven't been reading as much but I will make it through!

09 Makeup Lust: I still want Lancome's Doll lashes! I got the Naked Palette last weekend so I've satisfied one of my make-up lusts at the moment.

10. Listening to: Adele's 21 and the Antonement Soundtrack. The Cottage on the Beach track always makes me want to bawl my eyes out.

imagebam.com imagebam.com

11. Clothing Lust: The perfect military jacket hunt continues!

12 Haircare Lust: None

13 Skincare Lust: None

14 Current obsessions: Teas! I bought some President's Choice tea in Roobio and Chocolate mint today. Chocolate mint is a bit "eh" but Roobio is quite good

15 Aim for this week: Keeping depression at bay and getting rid of this fever.

No comments:

Post a Comment