Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Happy Organization Time: One girl's obsession with organizing her crap

I found something today that has been on my wish list (which is a mile long, fyi) for about 3 months now. It's a fold up cosmetic/toiletry case that comes with a hook so you hang it against your wall. I've always disliked taking those clear (or gift with purchase) cosmetics bags on vacations or weekends back home. They take up too much space in my weekend bag and everything eventually becomes a jumbled mess. It also drives me up the wall when I have to look for something I want in a vortex of unorganized products.

This, on the other hand, is light, compact and incredibly adorable (huge plus, come on now).

So when it's folded, it looks like this:

imagebam.com imagebam.com

It has a strap at the top so you can pull it out easily. The silver hook I was talking about is hidden inside the case so you can't see until it's opened. Discrete and very useful!

When it is fully opened, it looks like this:

imagebam.com

There's a sizable mirror on top if you don't have one on you. There are four compartments in total. If you don't wear make up, you can always throw your moisturizers, lip balms, hair ties (?) in there. It's actually quite impressive how big it is once you open it!
(annnnnd.....my mind just went to the wrong place)

So how much can you store in there?

Well, these are the things I managed to store comfortably in there and still have the case close.

imagebam.com imagebam.com
imagebam.com imagebam.com

Compartment 1: Face products

- Almay tinted moisturizer in Neutral. The original bottle is too big so I've always poured some of it into a little Tarina Tarantino sample bottle.

- Benefit Boi-ing concealer in 01 and 02

Compartment 2: Cheek products

- Bobbi Brown cream blush in Powder Pink
- Make Up Forever HD micro blush in #9
- Mac Blushcreme in Ladyblush (Almost out of that one T_T)

Compartment 3: Eye products

- Benefit's Big Beautiful Eyes kit (very neutral. I always come back to this)
- Lorac eye shadow in Serenity
- Stila Smudgepot in Kitten

Compartment 4: Misc products

- Clarin's beauty flash balm
- Mini bottle of Urban Decay's eye primer
- Fairydrops Mascara
- Korres lip balm in Pomegranate
- Nars lipstick in Love Devotion


So as you can see, you can definitely fit a lot of things in there. I'm pretty happy with my purchase. I still need another one for skin products so I'll have to look into a cheaper alternative on my next organization journey. ^_^

I shall stop sounding like an infomercial and leave you alone now! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment