Saturday, November 5, 2011

Survey: 15 weird questions

Happy Saturday, everyone! I'm at work and thought it would be fun to do a 15 weird question tag. I saw it on youtube and thought they were a good mix of adorable and lame (A&L surveys have my name all over it. Incidentally, they're also my initials ^_^ )

#1. What's a nickname only your friends calls you?

I get the typical derivatives of Angela. So Ang, Angie or (in one special case) Angie-pants (derived from smarty-pants, thank you).

Incidentally, the friend who calls me Angie Pants also call me Angie Pangie. So it's like a nickname within a nickname.

Whoaaaaa. :p

#2. What's a weird habit of yours?

This has been mentioned by a few friends who have hung out with me in my room but I have a strange habit of pinching the surface of my blankets and running the material between my index and middle finger. When I get stressed, I do it super faster and end up with a strange type of .... blanket burn.

My duvet cover at the moment is all white and princessy so it's like a bad princess blanket burn.

#3. Do you have any weird phobias?

I have a few, actually. I can't stand it when people crack their bones because I feel like an alien is trying to burst out of you. I can't sit near sunlight because it hurts my eyes and I always have to walk or sit on the right side of the person I'm hanging out with.

It just feels right! :p

Feel free to de-friend or unfollow me because that was terrible.

#4. What's a song you secretly LOVE to blast and belt out when you're alone?

Aerosmith's Don't Wanna Miss a Thing. I don't think this is a secret though, that song was made to be lip synched to. I also feel like Steven Tyler isn't quite human because he somehow manages to produce ridiculously beautiful children.

#5. What's one of your biggest pet peeves?

When people use the word "rape" in a joking manner. For example: "My roommate raped me last night", "that test raped me", etc. If you do it in front of me, I will call you out on it. I have no idea when it became socially acceptable to use the word "rape" as a joke because it most definitely is not.

A close second would be people saying things like "My phone is being gay".

It's 2011. If you're using "gay" as a form of insult, I will immediately doubt your social intelligence. If something isn't working properly, then say it isn't working properly. Using the word "gay" as an indication of deficient behavior is disrespectful and incorrect.

/end Public Service Announcement

#6. What's one of your nervous habits?

I tap my pencil rapidly against the table. Before I learned to keep it under control, I got many vicious glares in the exam room.

Rightfully so, though.

#7. What side of the bed do you sleep on?

I prefer sleeping on the right side of the bed but most of the time, I sleep directly in the middle and then flop back and forth in my sleep like a fish out of water.

Yes, I know. It's a very pleasant image :p

#8. What was your first stuffed animal and it's name?

My first stuffed animal was a Minnie Mouse that I called (get this) Minnie. I treated that thing like a child and carried it around with me everywhere like a baby.

I also used to say things like "What a pointy nose you have, Minnie! But it's okay, I love you anyway"

I was quite an odd child, I think.

#9. What's the drink you ALWAYS order at starbucks?

Green Tea Lemonade. I order it in the middle of winter as well. I've deluded myself into thinking that it's a miraculous, cure-all drink. If I'm tired, it perks me up. If I have a headache, it clears it. I'm sure its a placebo effect because how else would I justify spending that much on glorified Nestea.?

#10. What's the beauty rule you preach.. but never ACTUALLY practice?

I always tell my friends to take care of their skin but I'm also done really stupid things to mine. Most of the time, I'm diligent with my skin routine but sometimes I'm like "Screw it all, I'm going to make this weird mask posted by an anonymous person on the internet and then fall sleep in it"

#11. Which way do you face in the shower?

I do both. If I'm washing my face, I'm going to face the shower head. If I'm rinsing out my hair, I'm going to stand away from it.

Logic, I haz it.

#12. Do you have any 'weird' body 'skills'?

Oh, I wish I did but I'm normal jointed so I had nothing to show off as a child.

Well actually, I can do a type of "hand split" but that's more from 10+ years of rigorous piano training than anything quirky or special.

#13. What's your favorite 'comfort food'/food thats 'bad' but you love to eat it anyways?

Chilli or anything with pulled pork in it. I like to warm the chilli up to an absurdly hot temperature and then eat it against an open window while streaming a TV show.

I've really got my priorities in order.

#14. What's a phrase or exclamation you always say?
I don't think I really have one. I think my most frequently used emoticon is probably --> T_T or ^_^

#15. Time to sleep- what are you ACTUALLY wearing?

Oh dear. I'm very unfashionable when I sleep. I usually sleep in one of my old Gap tank tops and a pair of PJ bottoms. If I'm super cold, I sleep in my fluffy pink bathrobe like a giant pink furball.

No comments:

Post a Comment